whos bloody phone ah? caused so many ppl late in the evening rush hour to go home!
Passengers were evacuated from a train on the North-East Line at Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station, after smoke was seen emitting from a passenger’s mobile phone during the evening peak hour on Tuesday (Feb 19).
Ms Tammy Tan, senior vice president of corporate communications at SBS Transit, told TODAY that passengers were evacuated “as a safety precaution” and no injuries were reported. The phone did not spark a fire.
The incident took place at about 6.30pm, and the affected train was routed back to the depot empty.